Last update performed on January 23, 2022
1. Context and Background
eSkill Corporation (hereafter “eSkill” or “we”) understands the power that the internet holds to change your life and make things easier for you. These benefits cannot be fully enjoyed if people are concerned about their personal privacy. Therefore, we are committed to providing you with an online experience that respects and protects your personal privacy choices and concerns.
2. The type of personal information we collect
eSkill collects data to operate effectively and to provide you with the best experiences while using our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you take an eSkill test, create an eSkill account, interact with the Websites, or contact us for support. We collect some of this data by using technologies like cookies.
If you are a website visitor:
When you request additional information, download documents, register for a webinar/event, or register on eSkill’s Websites, we will ask you to provide contact information such as your name, email address, company name, country, and telephone number.
If you are a test taker:
When you take a test using the eSkill Platform, we will ask you to provide information such as your first name, last name, and email address.
If you are a client:
When you purchase eSkill’s Application and/or other services, we will ask you to provide business contact information, including your name, company name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
We will also collect your computer’s IP address and other specifications about your computer, browser, and network for customer support and system performance reasons.
Without the knowledge of eSkill, Clients may add fields and collect additional information using the Application as part of the test-taking process. The Client as the data controller is responsible for ensuring that this data collection is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and complies with eSkill’s terms and conditions.
3. How we may obtain personal information and why we have it
Most of the information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To register for a webinar or event, download a document, or receive further information about our products (website visitor)
- To take and score a test (test taker)
- To purchase our product and become a client of eSkill (Client)
We also receive personal information indirectly from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- One of our clients has registered you for taking a test
- An online review website received a review of our services from you
We use the information that you have given us to provide our service, administer a test, evaluate and optimize our websites and systems, or market our products.
4. Legal basis for processing
In the case of test-takers and website visitors, our legal basis for the process of this information is your consent. You are able to remove consent at any time as described in the “How to verify, modify or delete your information” section of this document.
In the case of clients, we process this information in order to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
5. Who do we share your personal information with?
If you are a test-taker, your information and test results will be shared with the Client who registered you for the test.
If you have given us consent for marketing activities, we may share your name and email address with our third-party campaign software portal providers G2Croud and Capterra. You may opt-out of these activities at any time as described in the “How to verify, modify or delete your information” section of this document.
Our staff may access your information only for the purposes of providing the services, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, and by providing customer support at a Customer’s request, or as may be required by law.
Besides the situations above, eSkill does not share, rent, sell, distribute, or reference any personal information except as required by law.
6. How we store your personal information
eSkill provides up-to-date security protocols in accordance with applicable regulations and standard industry practices during the transfer of such data to our server and during the further processing, delivery, and storage of such information. Detailed information on our data protection policies can be found in our Trust Center at https://www.eskill.com/eskill-trust-center/
Your personal information is stored on our cloud infrastructure in the United States.
7. How long do we keep your information?
If you are a website visitor:
We keep your information as long as you wish to receive the requested materials. If you would like your information removed, please see the “8 – How to verify, modify or delete your information” section of this document.
If you are a client:
We keep your test-based information as long as your account is active plus one year. After this time, your data is removed from our systems and archived.
If you are a test taker:
We keep your information as long as the Client who requested the test has an active account plus one year. If you would like your information removed, please see the “8 – How to verify, modify or delete your information” section of this document.
8. How to verify, modify or delete your information
For website visitors:
- eSkill Unsubscribe Option. The unsubscribe option appears in every marketing email we send. If you registered with your personal data through our website forms and you no longer wish to receive our emails, click on the Unsubscribe page.
- eSkill Database Deletion Page. This page allows you to request the removal of your personal information from eSkill’s marketing database. Your request will be processed within one week.
For test takers and clients:
- In situations where we are the Data Controller:
- Test Takers: You may at any time order a complete data copy. Your data will be delivered within 30 working days as spreadsheet files in Microsoft Excel format. Logical relations between datasets will be preserved in the form of unique identifiers.
- Clients: You may have your data deleted by canceling your account. To cancel your account, contact your account manager.
- In situations where we are the Data Processor and not the Data Controller, we will notify the Controller of your request without undue delay.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the processes described above, please contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@eskill.com,
9. Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organization, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we will respond within thirty days. Depending on the type of request, we may need to validate your identity before responding.
Please contact us at DPO@eSkill.com if you wish to make a data subject access request.
10. How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
73 Princeton Street, Suite 213
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
You can also complain to your supervisory authority if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
11. Other Information
The eSkill Application is intended for use by organizations that are our clients, and it is administered to you by those organizations. Your use of the eSkill Platform may be subject to the respective organization’s policies if any. Please direct your privacy inquiries regarding the use of the eSkill Application to that organization.
eSkill is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our Clients, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
When you access the Websites, we also record certain log file information, such as your IP address, browser type, URLs, number of clicks, and how you interact with links on the Websites (landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information). Your browser automatically reports log file information each time you visit the Websites.
eSkill contains links to other websites. These sites have their own policies and practices with respect to online privacy, and eSkill cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these websites.