Click HERE to view Case Study.
Joint Venture Piping, a specialty welding company, started up in 1998. Within weeks, they were expanding their workforce — and workspace — to accommodate an influx of contracts. When the project scopes grew beyond piping, Joint Venture Piping became JV Industrial Companies, and was quickly recognized as the industry leader in providing building, refurbishing, expansion, and plant asset management — from design to completion.
JVI by numbers:
- 15 offices in 6 states;
- Up to 7,000 employees at a time;
- Up to 7,500 tests administered every month;
- More than 1 million man hours worked in 2009;
- Safety Award, 2010 NPRA Conference.
JV Industrial Companies (JVIC) employs as many as 7,000 employees across several disciplines at any one time. They maintain their reputation in the industry by finding the highest skilled professionals and crafts people available — and finding them quickly. To keep up with client demand, they must screen a high volume of potential candidates in several different competencies. To ensure quality, the tests must be accessible from each of the 15 offices they’re operating across the country.
Founders Joe Vardell, welder, and John Durham, boiler-maker, operate with a management style that emphasizes the people side of the business. That’s why they use eSkill Editor, which made them able to create custom tests on any topic, including:
- Knowledge in any skill or craft.
- JV Industrial Companies (JVIC) policies and procedures.
- A client’s proprietary company policies and procedures.
Results at a glance:
- Instant response to client demands.
- Quick, efficient processing of potential employees.
- High-volume testing capabilities with instant results.
- Customized tests available at any location at any time.
Results and benefits
Since partnering with eSkill in 2007, potential JV Industrial Companies (JVIC) employees are processed much more quickly and efficiently, with results that are immediately available on the web — which means JV Industrial Companies (JVIC) can almost instantly respond to client demands. 90% of the 1,000 to more than 7,500 tests they administer each month are created with the eSkill Editor, and every one of those tests is available at any time and any location to ensure consistency and quality.
JV Industrial’s project efficiency levels exceed industry standards and their high-quality turnaround, construction,engineering, and fabrication services have an outstanding reputation for safety, quality, and professionalism. They use a simple, user-friendly test-building interface to screen potential employees that points out errors as they go, and offers a multitude of question types — from multiple-choice to fill-in-the-blank. Every subject, topic, and question is available to view at any time.
Joe and John, JV Industrial Companies (JVIC) founders, focus on the professionals, project managers, and crafts people who can deliver the service clients have come to depend on — and they do it safely, on time, and on budget.
The eSkill Editor
- Create custom questions – Add your own test questions based on your company’s individual needs.
- Easy-to-use interface – Easy to install and easy to use.
- Guaranteed privacy – Proprietary content is available only to your candidates.
- Content development collaboration – Share the Editor with multiple offices.
- Question revisions – Re-upload questions at no additional cost.
Learn more about the eSkill Editor!
Click HERE to view Case Study.
“eSkill gives us affordable, customizable tests that can be accessed from any office at any time. And the customer service is great! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for pre-employment testing”
Erika Montemayor, Assistant Training Manager/NCCER Administrator, JV Industrials